Saturday, October 18, 2008

waiting in the wings

This is all so new and different for me. It's an interesting thing having a call and a passion in your heart, but no visible way yet seen into the future to live it out. But, I guess the living it out part isn't really true, I can always live out the passion God has given me. I can continue to pray for the Acholi and others affected by the war, I can serve my community here, I can continue putting irons in the fire, and I can wait with a heart full of faith instead of fear. That feels like a much better use of my mental energy instead of pining away for the future. (can you tell I am just letting my mind run here??!!??) That of course is all much easier said than done. I understand this is a time of preparation, of waiting on the Lord, of looking only to Him to accomplish what I cannot. I can't help but get excited and nervous and anxious even, wanting go, wanting to know what's next, wanting to see how God is going to bring it all about. And, after that subsides for the moment, there is the wating again. It's odd though, as much as I want to see things come together quickly, I feel this odd peace, a peace that passes understanding, if you will :), and it is so great. Its this great peace from the Lord that says, "You are called, and it is coming, just continue to wait on me, peace, you are doing what I ask at this time." And so I wait with a full heart, not impatient, but axiously (the good kind) awaiting God's revalation. Ahh, how sweet it is. God, you are so truely good. I love you.

1 comment:

Gloria Ives said...

I think that If God wants you to be used in the fashion you are drawn to it will most certainly happen. But I also think that It's not always what it seems, there are times, I believe, when what we encounter and accomplish along the way, may be part of your purpose, or the purpose itself. Sometimes the journey is the destination, but in your continued pursuance, you will indeed be shown what is expected of You.
I believe that our Passions and our strengths are always part of our purpose, and in joyously using them, we fulfill our purpose, moment by moment.
Onward, Ho!