Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Talking with the folks

Well, I just shared with my folks the entirety of the situation in Uganda, and so now they know why I want to go (not sure they completly understand why I would want to do that...). Its kind of a hard thing, preparing your folks for something they would never want you to do, but it is also really cool to realize that you have the kind of parents who want you to do what God wants, even if it isn't easy, and that you have the kind of parents who raised you to care deeply about the things that God cares about. They didn't discourage me from going, neither did they say that I absolutely should go, but they agreed to pray for me, and since this is all still new to them, I think that is quite a lot. I'm so grateful to know that I have parents who will pray for me every day while I'm gone, and will support me in any way they possibly can, despite any fears they may have. I wish everyone had parents like mine.

Mom and dad, when you read this, know that I love you, and I am so blessed to have two parents who love me like you do, I don't know what I'd do with out you, your the best. Your daughter, Jenny

No comments: