Friday, September 5, 2008

Irons in the fire

So here are some things to pray about for me. I have been diligently seeking how God will get me to Uganda, so I have put the following irons in the fire to see which one will be the one He wants to use to get me there.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke with a missons organization by the name of World Venture. They have missonaries in Nothern Uganda, but their focus seems to be working with Sudanese refugees.

I made contact with another missons organization, called Global Outreach, and they gave me the go ahead to contact their missionaries in Gulu, who have just opened a center for children.

I spoke with my pastor at IAC, Ken, not long ago and told him what God had put in my heart for Uganda, and he asked me to email him about that vision and he would see who to contact with the Anglican Church in Uganda and get back to me. I got an email from him this week, with a phone number of the person in charge of the diocese in that area.

After some searching on the net, I found the number of a man by the name of Willy Akena, who works with the Anglican Church in Gulu, and I am waiting to hear back from him.

So I have some phone calls to make to Uganda. Please pray for me that those conversations would go well, that God would make it apparent to me what it is that is His desire, timing, and means.

Thank you all for your support and prayers! I need your prayers most of all.

No comments: