Saturday, August 28, 2010

just thoughts

Hi there.  Its becoming more real that I am leaving.  In a month, I'll be out of my apartment.  In 6 weeks, I'll be having a fundraising/information/concert for all of my friends, and in 4 months, I'll be on a plane for a land I've never seen, away from all that I know and love.  I'm so full of excitement, but also fear of the unknown, I love that about new beginnings.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do, and who I'll be after this is all over. 
Tonight I helped friend move back into town, and she kept saying, "I can't believe I'm here.  I feel like its just a trip, and I'll leave soon".  I expect I'll feel much the same when I arrive in Uganda.  I know it will feel like home, I just don't know if it will be right away, or not until it's time for me to go, or will it ever feel like home.  It's good to know that my home is in God's love, which will never leave me or forsake me.  I can rest the full weight of my anxiety and expectation on Him, and not be left wanting.  So good to know.

No comments: